Here you can follow the training, showing and every day antics of our beloved golden retrievers.
Please enjoy our blog and getting to know our dogs.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

11 Weeks Old!

Although it was a rainy, gloomy day we made the best of it. Zap patiently watched his sister Truly and house sister Siena during their agility classes. Then afterwards I took him up and down the hallway at American K9 Country and worked on attention and keeping a loose leash. Zap finds it difficult to accept the fact that he CAN'T run up and start playing with every dog he sees. I was armed with high value treats so that really helped persuade him that it was better to stick with me. I put him on a cart outside the ring and got him use to being on an object that moves (a foundation agility skill) and he just did a spread eagle and went for a ride with no concern. I was careful not to turn on a dime which would have sent him flying across the room. ;-) Before we left I let him run around the agility ring to burn off that puppy energy so he would sleep on the ride home. Zap got to see Ann again and we are looking forward to joining her basic obedience class in 3 weeks.
Agility class for Zap tomorrow and I'm hoping to rent the ring afterwards to work with Siena. We have the Syracuse Agility Trials coming up in a couple weeks and we're both a little rusty.


No comments:

Post a Comment