Here you can follow the training, showing and every day antics of our beloved golden retrievers.
Please enjoy our blog and getting to know our dogs.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Whelping box, A Fish Lamp & Zap 10 months!

Exciting day here....Bob set up the whelping box! We still have some finishing touches to do in the puppy room, but we are almost ready for the big event. Siena instantly jumped in the box and started rolling around on the soft fleece bedding. She seemed right at home.

Earlier this afternoon while I was in the basement finishing up some laundry I saw a box out of the corner of my eye. It was a box with a Tiffany fish lamp in it. The lamp belonged to my dad. It was his way to make it through the long winter months when he wasn't feeling well. The lamp represented a promise of warmer, better days ahead. While he lived with us he had it set up next to his favorite chair in the kitchen. The lamp is now in the puppy room. Sunny is on the small grooming table and will watch over Siena and her pups. So strange that I saw that lamp today. I hadn't noticed it since dad passed away.

On a totally different note Zap turned 10 months old today! Puppy hood is such a fleeting time and it's been a ton of fun with this boy!

Two weeks (give or take a couple days) until puppies!!!!



Whelping Box (thank you to my wonderful husband for building it for me! ;)
He is assembling the pig rail today!



Siena approves



Ahh...nice soft bedding! She kept rubbing her nose all over the fleece.




Sunny the Fish Lamp


Zap 10 months old (picture taken a couple of days ago)

4 comments:

  1. Love it Linda! I can't wait to see these babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish lamp is great Linda. I love the special connection it represents. Siena looks lovely in her whelping box. Zap is gorgeous...seeing him makes me long for his brother, Cocoa...but also makes me happy to believe Cocoa's spirit lives on in his wonderful brother Zap. I don't plan on ever breeding goldens, but I'm loving experiencing the adventure through you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siena looks like she will be right at home! And I love the thot that your Dad is making his prescence known. GREAT picture of Zap. Its so hard to believe that Sam & Zap are 10 months old! How did the time go by so fast? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all for sharing this amazing experience with me. It means a lot and I feel very blessed.

    ReplyDelete