Here you can follow the training, showing and every day antics of our beloved golden retrievers.
Please enjoy our blog and getting to know our dogs.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Busy Week Ahead

The "Broadway" litter turned 7 weeks old today! We have a big week coming up. Evaluations tomorrow, vet appt. on Tuesday, baths, nail clipping, feet trimming, and lots of crate training and house training! I have mixed emotions today. It's thrilling to see these puppies growing and thriving. At the the same time it's sad that it's almost time to send them to their new homes. I have to create a new business where I can go around socializing puppies. :) I must admit I have found my passion! Seeing the world through their fresh young eyes is amazing. I have spent hours observing, cleaning, playing, walking, cuddling, feeding, and setting up new interactive play areas for them. At each new developmental milestone it was interesting to watch it unfold before my very eyes. Everything stated in the articles I read was happening in real life with my puppies. I am forever humbled by this experience and will keep these 3 (Peter too) forever in my heart.

Christmas was a hard day for me this year, but being surrounded by family (goldens included) helped to make the day more than bearable. Jamie got to spend a lot of quality time with his pup Parker (aka green boy). Walks in the woods and short clicker training sessions have set these two up for a wonderful beginning together. Jamie will be back next weekend take Parker to his new home. Erik played his new acoustic guitar for us which we all love to hear (new sound for the puppies!). He is a gifted musician. Siena is always by his side when he is playing. I think that's why she loves to sing too! ;)

I'm anxious for tomorrow......wish Bob could go with me for puppy testing. Today will hopefully be the day I get stacked pictures taken of the gang. This puppy stacking is a lot harder than it looks.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 7th week birthday Cadie, Parker, Mr Red and Peter...brought a tear to my eyes but they were happy tears ;)

    Linda, may I enlist you as a puppy consultant for Lyric's Celebration litter ... I've learned so much and taken many notes from your Blog/photos ... not to mention "Sunny" :o)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you are going to be real busy between my puppies and Donna's! ;)

    ReplyDelete