Here you can follow the training, showing and every day antics of our beloved golden retrievers.
Please enjoy our blog and getting to know our dogs.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 2 Happenings

Development of the puppies Week 2 (Days 8-14)

~Eyes should open around days 8-10
~Ears should open around days 13-17
~ Body temperature should be around 97-99 degrees

In anticipation of their eyes opening this week I've stopped all flash photography and I'm also keeping the lights dim in the puppy room. I've kept a weight chart since day 1 and will go from weighing them daily to bi weekly. Here is their weight gain from birth date (Sun. 11/8) to last night:
Purple girl: 15.7oz to 44.8 oz
Lime Green boy: 17.5 oz to 50.2 0z
Red boy: 14 oz to 42.8 oz

Siena is spending a little more time out of the whelping box and is getting some playtime outside, which is good for her and the pups since they are gaining more than enough weight :-)

Early neurological stimulation is going well and each pup gets lots of cuddle time afterwards. I just love holding each one of them this whole experience is amazing!

Max, Truly and Zap have adjusted beautifully to all of this. I am impressed with Zap's maturity and patience and can't wait till they can all play with the puppies. Apollo is staying with Kara for a few weeks since he was at a dog show the weekend the puppies were born. I'm hyper paranoid about exposing the puppies to bad dog show germs. We miss him!!

Pinch me...I'm dreaming! I can't believe we have 3 beautiful Siena x Apollo puppies!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job:) It'll be fun to see pics once their eyes are fully open. I was sharing your latest post with my husband last night, and he loves your last line:) It's great to hear how happy you are in spite of all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete